This baked Chicken Tikka is an easy and delicious, entry level Indian Dish. I am an Indian food rookie and my first Indian experience happened about a month ago in Berlin, Germany (click here to read that review). My friend Kenny asked us if we wanted to hit up this good Indian place and I figured we might as well since we had chaperones! This one experience helped assuage my fear and intimidation related to Indian food! I am happy to report that it was quite delicious!
This Chicken Tikka recipe was inspired by the RP diet cookbook. I changed it up and baked mine instead of using the crock-pot. This turned a 6 hour recipe into 20 minutes! Baking the chicken also leaves it moist and delicious! I also ixnayed the greek yogurt because you should only bake with full fat greek yogurt and I only stock nonfat (for my delicious yogurt parfait!). Maybe next time I will try it with full fat Greek yogurt!
You can serve this with any side of your choosing. I served with Ancient Grains from Costco however if you are Gluten-free you can serve this with quinoa or rice!
- Line the baking dish with tin foil and lightly spray with cooking spray before laying the chicken down. This will ensure a speedy cleanup!
- Invest in a meat thermometer so you can make sure you cook your meat perfectly every time! (click here for the one I use)
- Your local supermarket should carry both the chinese five spice and garam masala spice. If you can’t find it, try an international market.
This recipe is easy and delicious. My husband wolfed it down before I could even ask him what he thought. If you like this recipe you should check out my other 20 minute chicken recipes, like Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken and Chicken Parmesan!
Products I love to use when making this recipe:
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 165 g red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 5 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp garam masala spice
- 1/2 tbsp dried ground ginger spice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five powder spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
preheat oven to 450 degrees (beware this takes 20 minutes!)
line a baking dish with tin foil (for easy cleanup) and lightly spray with cooking spray.
place chicken breasts in baking dish. cover chicken with sauce.
bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
serve with quinoa, ancient grains or your side of choice!