You may or may not know, I am a notary public and loan signing agent! That being said, I print a lot of loan documents at my house using my Brother HL-5200DW laser printer (click here to view/buy). I have to change the toner (ink) every 3-4 months and it is a breeze if you know what to do! I have put together a step by step tutorial in writing and a YouTube video (scroll down or click here to view!) to make it super easy to replace your Brother Toner Cartridge!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
STEP-BY-STEP (photos below!)
- make sure the machine is on and open the front cover
- remove toner cartridge from the machine using the (green) handle
- press green lock lever to separate the toner from the drum unit. put old toner cartridge aside (place on a box or wrapper so ink doesn’t leak)
- open the NEW toner cartridge and remove the orange safety
- place NEW toner cartridge into the drum unit and make sure it locks into place
- clean the wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times. make sure it locks back into the left “home” position when done
- insert drum unit back into printer
- close the front cover
And that’s it! You’ve just changed your Brother Printer Toner Cartridge! Wasn’t that easy?!
LOAN SIGNING AGENT TIPS!
As a loan signing agent you need a laser printer (NOT inkjet) to print loan documents. Click here for my other video on why! However, a laser printer is not the only thing you need to be fully prepared! For all of you that love school supplies like me, this will be EASY! I suggest always having extra supplies so that you are ready for any loan signing that comes up. Some of the supplies I always have on hand are the following (click each affiliate link title to view/buy)
- TN-850 Toner Cartridge – this is a high yield cartridge that prints up to 8,000 pages. When I change the toner I immediately go on Amazon and buy a new one so that I have it tucked away in case I unexpectedly need it.
- letter paper – I actually buy this in bulk at Costco but you can get it on Amazon as well
- legal paper – this I do buy on Amazon as you don’t need as much legal paper as you do letter
- legal envelopes
- blue ink pens
- notary journal – this is the bomb because you don’t have to do a separate line for each entry!
Other supplies that aren’t necessary but are nice to have (hey, I told you I LOVE school supplies)
Another helpful tip is to always have extra (state specific) acknowledgements and jurats in your notary bag (along with business cards, pens, inkless thumprint pad etc). I live in CA so I just do a simple google search on CA acknowledgement and the form pops right up for me to print! I usually print about 20 copies of each to have on hand!
WHAT IS A LOAN SIGNING AGENT?
FUN FACT: Every loan signing agent is a notary BUT not every notary is a loan signing agent! You have to take extra courses (read below about Mark Wills course) and certifications to become a signing agent and be able to help facilitate Real Estate closings. Click here to read my other blog OR click here watch my YouTube Video on the importance of a Notary in the Real Estate Transaction. Being a loan signing agent opens the door to so many more business opportunities and is my main source of income since quitting my corporate job. I love meeting new people, building relationships and helping people obtain their new home!
MARK WILLS LOAN SIGNING SYSTEM
If you read my other blog or watched the YouTube video mentioned above you would know that I have been a notary since 2004 but got out of the game for about 13 years while working in corporate america. When I decided that I wanted back “in” I knew that I needed a refresher course as the game had changed since “back in my day”. The best course I found was Mark Will’s Loan Signing system. Click here for my referral link to view the course and curriculum. It literally takes you step by step through the loan documents, gives you access to a Facebook support group and most importantly the confidence to get out in the field and obtain business!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Follow your dreams people! If you aren’t happy with your current situation….. CHANGE IT! No one is going to do that for you! You are in control. You have the ability to make different decisions which will change the course of your life. Hustle, work hard, build relationships, strive to be the best version of yourself and you will make a difference. GET AFTER IT!!!